Looking Forward: While there are many public health topics that elected officials need to be aware of, one that has become increasingly prevalent is the use of e-cigarettes, or vaping. Touted as a healthier alternative to traditional cigarettes, users of these devices inhale nicotine in the form of a mist-like vapor rather than as smoke. A recent bout of severe lung disease cases has been linked to vaping, and the CDC is working with the Food and Drug Administration to determine its safety. As research and regulations of e-cigarettes evolve, we all need to be educated and informed on this issue.
- Commissioner Todd Drosky Installed as Broward League of Cities’ 2023-2024 President September 12, 2023
- 2023 Scholarship for Government Studies Recipients in Lifestyle Magazine and Our City Media June 30, 2023
- BLOC 31 by President Bob Mayersohn May 26, 2023
- BLOC 31 by President Bob Mayersohn May 22, 2023
- BLOC 31 by President Bob Mayersohn April 12, 2023