The Broward League of Cities is now accepting applications for its 2015 Scholarship for Government Studies from high school seniors who plan to pursue a major in public administration, political science or other government-related field.
The Broward League of Cities will award $1,000 scholarships to four outstanding students. Applicants must demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills.
Complete applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM on February 11, 2015.
To download a printer-friendly version of the scholarship cover letter and criteria, click here.
To download a printer-friendly version of the scholarship application, click here.
Criteria for Broward County High School Seniors:
- Must be a graduating high school senior
- Must attend a high school in Broward County
- Must be a resident of Broward County
- Must plan to pursue a major in public administration, political science or other government-related field at an accredited college or university in the United States
- Must have a minimum cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, verified by a school transcript
- Applications are due by February 11, 2015.
- If selected as a finalist, student must be available for an interview on March 14, 2015.
- If selected as a scholarship recipient, student will be invited to be recognized during an awards ceremony at the Broward League of Cities General Membership Meeting and dinner on Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- High school in Broward County.
- Preferential consideration will be given to students who demonstrate:
- Dedicated pursuit towards a career in governmental, public service, and/or public administration
- Involvement in work, volunteer service, or internships in public, governmental, community, and/or legislative environments
- Familiarity of programs & mission of the Broward League of Cities
- The applicant must demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills and show maturity in judgment and purpose.
- Applicant must be available on the date of the interview to be considered for the scholarship.
Applicant must provide completed application including:
- One essay
- One personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation from a high school staff member (counselor, teacher, coach, or administrator, or from a member of the community)
- High school transcript