Broward League of Cities Appoints 2014-2015 Leadership Team
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (September 29, 2014) – Patricia Asseff, President of the Broward League of Cities, has appointed the following city officials to serve as chairs on the League’s 2014-2015 Leadership Team:
- Charter Review Committee – Mayor Frank C. Ortis, Pembroke Pines
- Energy, Environmental & Natural Resources Committee – Commissioner Richard Blattner, Hollywood
- Ethics Task Force – Mayor Dan Stermer, Weston
- Legislative Advocacy Committee – Mayor Gary Resnick, Wilton Manors
- Local Issues Committee – Mayor Greg Ross, Cooper City
- Nominating Committee – Mayor Lori Moseley, Miramar
- Training & Development – Matthew H. Mandel, Weiss Serota Helfman et al
- Youth Leadership Committee – Shelley Eichner, Senior Vice President, Calvin Giordano & Associates
“The strength of our leadership enables the Broward League of Cities to define and accomplish its goals each year,” said President Asseff. “This strong team brings knowledge and experience to provide clear direction and will be the driving force behind each committee. We appreciate their willingness to donate their time and energy to serve.
The Leadership Team represents the type of collaboration the Broward League supports through our ONE Broward initiative, which encourages all cities, elected officials, businesses and residents to communicate with one another and work together to make Broward County the best place to live, work and play.”
“Our committee structure reflects issues of concern to municipal government,” said Mayor Gary Resnick. “We work to develop solutions that perform for our cities.”
ABOUT BROWARD LEAGUE OF CITIES
Chartered in 1957, the Broward League of Cities is a non-partisan, non-profit organization representing the 31 municipal governments and more than 120 associate government, non-profit and business organizations throughout Broward County. The organization is dedicated to increasing awareness and providing resolutions to issues that affect day-to-day operations at the county, state, and federal levels.
Download the release.
For more information, visit www.browardleague.org.